Thursday, March 1, 2007

BEGINNINGS




Aloha All---

Just wanted to share that I have decided to adopt a baby girl from Ethiopia. I am two months into the process and have completed my homestudy, been approved by the agency I am working with (Gladney) and am in the process of having my dossier documents authenticated. I will not bore you with the details but it is quite a lengthy process and really tests how serious you are about making the dream of adoption a reality. Once my dossier is completed the waiting begins....... I am now at the point where I feel like it will never happen. Remind me of this moment when I am knee deep in diapers and sleep deprived.

In the meantime life goes on and it's a pretty awesome life. In the past month I traveled to Oahu and jumped out of a plane. I highly recommend it. It's quite a rush. A friend from Philly just left after a week long visit.....come back soon Big B...... and my mom, aunt and grandmom are now here for a ten day visit. The laughs have already begun. Grandma, no more falling off the bed.

On one last note I would like to give thanks to my dad. Today, March 1st, is the two year anniversary of my father's death and I would like to thank the Mighty Quinn for the gifts he has left behind. You are missed. Today we will celebrate you!

2 comments:

Every Day Light said...

Aloha Sister,

I am so proud of you! You are going to be a loving, caring and fun Mommy. I am so looking forward to being an Auntie - Thank you for that special and unique gift.

All My Love,

Rachelle

chuckiep5 said...

hi maria i am so happy for you.My child has given fulfillment beyond belief and hope you feel the same about yours but I'm sure you will.You will make a great mother .


god bless ya and keep in touch

chuckie