Saturday, April 7, 2007

We Are Family




Wow. It's been quite a month. My mom, grandmom and Aunt Kathy were on island for a 10 day visit. We had a blast! It was so great to spend quality time with such strong women. We had time for quality conversation and lots of laughs. Uncle Hugh, thank you so much for the awesome night out. About a week later my cousin, Amy, arrived with her two friends, Laura and Lori. It was an awesome spring break and I had a terrific time playing tour guide and working on my tan. Amy, it was great to see you. Come back soon. Thank you so much for giving the baby her first book. I turned 34 on March 21st and had fun dancing the night away with family and friends.

On the adoption front my paperwork is complete and en route via DC to Ethiopia. The next step is to wait for a picture and paperwork on my little girl. This is called a referral and it seems other families working with the same agency have been receiving theirs in about a month's time. From that point it will be about another month before I travel. I may be headed to Ethiopia to pick up my daughter as early as June. I'll keep you all posted. Hope you all have a terrific Easter.


1 comment:

Momma said...

Love ya, Re.
No Momma could be prouder!