Friday, December 14, 2007

NO FUN

It looks like we will be on pins and needles for another week or two. There was another problem with the court proceedings. Belay is working on getting it all sorted out so that Kozette will officially be a Quinn Girl. Gladney feels confident I will be able to keep my travel dates of Jan. 8th through the 15th so I just confirmed our tickets for these dates. Of course there is the risk that I will have to change these and pay the fee but otherwise I would lose the seats. Tsebay and I will leave for the east coast on Sunday as planned and pray for the best. We will really be celebrating when this adoption is official. Thank you all for your love and support. Let's hope the third time is the charm.

7 comments:

jennifer said...

ugh! i am SO sorry you need to wait another week. that is so difficult! i am glad gladney said you will be able to keep your travel dates...at least that is not changing and you will be able to arrive on the 8th.

Amy B. said...

I am so sorry Maria. I know that you can't wait to have your little girl in your arms and all these delays are probably really getting to you at this point. Just know that we are thinking and praying for you. Can't wait till the Quinn girls are all united! Amy

Jocelyn said...

I am so sorry:-( I hope you get to travel as planned and will have your angel in your arms soon.

Renee said...

Oh Maria, I know how disappointed you must be. I would be a wreck. Were they able to give you a new court date? Well at least your travel schedule is still intact. Our court date was moved to the 20th today and we leave on the 24th so there's little room for error at this point especially since we already changed our tickets once for booku bucks! Well please know I'm thinking about you and so sorry that it didn't go as planned today. There are so many bumps in this road but you know better than I that it's all worth it in the end!
XO,
Renee

Anonymous said...

Maria -

You and your girls are in my thoughts. I know you can't wait to get your arms around little Kozette.

Jennifer

Drew Carey Show said...

Oh, drag! How totally stressful. We think about you girls often and are praying that the court issues are resolved quickly and that you can still travel during the original timeframes. Safe travels on Sunday. As you already know from experience, this will all work out and be a distant memory once you're all united as a family. Can't wait to see all the Quinn girls together at last! All our love, Carey (& Drew & Zoe)

The Wickedly Cute said...

Maria,
We are very sorry to hear that you have to wait a little longer to be with Kozette. You and the babes are in our thoughts and Prayers....