Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Introducing Kozit

Yahooooooo!!!! While in Ethiopia I learned that Tsebay had a sister. Her birthmom put her in the orphanage and relinquished her rights the week I was there. She is two years old and is soooo adorable. Tsebay and I were able to spend time with her sister on the last day of my stay in Ethiopia. When she came into the room she ran up to Tsebay an started kissing her face. They look so much alike and have many similiar mannerisms. From the time I heard about this little one I felt there was a plan in place that these girls were meant to be together and be my family. Since returning home I have started the process to adopt this special little girl and just got news today that her medical tests (hep, HIV) all came back negative. Aside from the chicken pox (poor thing) and the occasional ear infection (poor poor thing) Kozit has been given a clean bill of health. God is good!! I plan to keep Kozit as her middle name and give her the name Maya as her first name.........Maya Kozit Quinn........ We were told her name was Hozit so we've been calling her Hozit for the past month. I guess I shouldn't get too attached to Kozit. You definitely have to be flexible in this process and keep your sense of humor. If all goes well I will be the mother of two within six months. I need to run and get the paperwork moving. I am off to fed ex my I-600 A, my Gladney paperwork and my fingerprints. Now everyone has been a bit lax lately with the comments and I've been a bit slow with the posts but lets get some love going for little Kozit.

And without further ado, here is a picture.......



Does she look like someone we know???

9 comments:

Momma said...

Great day!
Maria, I hadn't seen this pic of her before -- are you holding out on me?

She is truly our little girl and I cannot wait until she is with us!

You are the very best --
Thank you for bringing us:

Tsebay Grace and Maya Kozit ~~

We couldn't have guessed those names in a million years!
Good job on the paperwork as always.
Give my Tsebay a hug and tell her Mimi loves her and Maya with all her heart!

The Elliott Family said...

Maria,

She looks great! She must have had the chicken pox or recovering when I saw her...that makes sense. She looks so much more healthy! I am so happy for you...congratulations!

Can you believe in a year's time, you are the mother of two?!

She is just as beautiful as her sister...that is so funny about the name!

Rachel

Amy B. said...

Congradulations! I know you must be beside yourself with excitement. What a wonderful thing that two sisters will be together as a family again...and with a mom that is so crazy about them. I am so happy for you. The pictures are great...you can feel the love :)Amy
www.ourjourneytoethiopia.blogspot.com

Drew Carey Show said...

We are laughing with joy for you and your beautiful new family! What a fun piece of news to come across on a Monday night. We're still waiting the referral of our baby girl, but we're celebrating with you, Tsebay and Maya Kozit for sure! Congratulations!

Mama Papaya said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations!!!! What an amazing gift for the girls to be raised together.

rosie said...

What a beauty! Looks like u did at 2. LOL she's a Maya Kozit Quinn

rosie said...

Its MIMI sorry Mar! Little I know, as usual. Get the bundle bed ready>

Anonymous said...

that is soooo wonderful!
- a blog reader, monica

Anonymous said...

Maria, I am so very proud of you, I am sure you will be very happy with your little girls.I am saving my miles for a trip in 2008. Love you and Rachelle Grandmom