Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Great News from Ethiopia

"Let Maria know that Kozit is possibly the sweetest child I have ever met. I drove her yesterday, and she was in the back with one of the caregivers. Every now and then I would turn around and pat her on the leg and she would just get this huge smile. All the times that I have been around her she has never cried or complained and any time anyone gives her attention she just gives you the best smile! I will really miss her when she goes, but am so happy for Maria, Tsebay, and Kozit."


This is the word that was sent via Mary from Ryan (Ethiopia Gladney All Around Awesome Guy) today. How lucky am I? Aren't these the words every mother wants to hear? I can't wait to see that smile in person. Those cheeks are the cutest and the eyes just draw you in. I am reading, researching and preparing for the worst.......... temper tantrums, spitting, sadness, frustration and jealousy but am hoping for the best............a sweet, happy little girl that shows emotion, likes to play and loves her momma and sister.

I'm hoping no news is good news on the dossier front. My paperwork is making it's way around the country getting all the necessary authentications. Hopefully it will get to DC anyday now. Ethiopia here I come! I just got word that the courts are not opening until next week and they are expecting a back log. Hopefully it will not be too long. I know how anxious many of us are to hold our new little ones. Check out other Gladney families that are ready to travel. Renee and Geert will be picking up their two little cuties, the Mestas Family will be adding adorable twineetes and a sweet little boy to their family and Drew and Carrie will be going to get their little angel Zoe. She's only 10 weeks old.

My friend Cristin got her shots today and is planning to travel with me. I am so grateful to have a travel partner for this trip. Thank you to all of you who have offered to make sacrafices and travel with me. I am so fortunate to have such supportive friends and family.

There are so many people doing such amazing things for me and my girls. I am touched daily by the kindness people have been showing. My cousin Kate was the driving force behind the raffle tickets. Without her it would have just been another great idea and I would be going into some scary debt to make this all happen. Kate and her family showered Tsebay with everything she needed(and more) to have an swesome start in her new life. Thanks so much Kate! My college roommate, Jen, is leading the pack in selling tickets and is not taking no for an answer. She is another person that bought out baby GAP with gifts for Tsebay. I love ya, Mulv!

Here are a few more pics the Daileader's sent:






Don't forget my Sweet Tsebay-




Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the info!

And, I've just been reading your blog a little :) WOW! You're going to have two babies so soon?! How exciting!

Rebecca

Jennifer said...

We're friends of Gail and Dan, and we started following your adventures after the baby shower. Congratulations on your beautiful baby Tsebay! We wish you the best of luck getting through the paperwork process so you can bring your darling Kozit home soon! Adopting two children on your own is no small thing, and those girls are so blessed to have so much love already!

graceling said...

I just linked to your blog through Gladney's site. I am considering single-parent adoption from Ethiopia, and I was wondering if you would be willing to anwser some questions. If so, leave a comment or email me though my blog. Thanks and God Bless!

Mamato2 said...

Maria, you are so very blessed, and so are these little angels.