Monday, September 3, 2007

Paperwork,milestones and pics

My dossier paperwork is almost complete and I will be at the Fed. Ex. Office first thing Tues. morning. As I'm sure I've said before I can't believe I am in the middle of this paper chase again so soon. There are a few positive sides to starting the process again so quickly. The process is still fresh in my brain and I'm hoping to not make some of the same mistakes I made the first time around. Also, I'm so busy taking care of Tsebay and working that I am not as anxious and obsessive as I was the first time around. Kozit just got over bronchitis and is still fighting an ear infection. She needs her momma and her sister and we can't wait to see her. Tsebay gets so excited every time I show her a picture of Kozit. It will be so interesting to see the girls interact with each other. Will they remember each other? Will the bond be automatic? Will there be jealousy? They have not spent a lot of time together. I was able to see them interact for an hour or so while in Ethiopia. Kozit was kissing up on her sister and Tsebay seemed to mimic her sister a few times. They both have a tongue thing as is evident in this picture.


Tsebay is growing more and more each day. She is so pleasant and happy. People constantly comment about what a great baby she is. I definitely hit the baby lottery. She is starting to imitate speech and it seems her first word is cat. We have two outside cats that came with the house when I bought it. The old owners were very attached to the cats and were moving off island. I agreed to care for them although I am not a cat person. I feed them daily and pet them from time to time but Tsebay loves the cats and they definitely hang around more often since she came home with me. Now she is starting to put the sounds together and say cat. This would not be my choice for a first word but she is an independent thinker. What a big girl! Here are some recent pics of the little cutie......




Go, EAGLES!!!!


Yes, Tsebay is reading Surfing Mag. It's the green edition and she is stoked.

2 comments:

The Page Family said...

Wow, Maria! I can't believe you are going for #2 already. It's really very cool and exciting! And to answer your questions, yes, yes, and yes. There will be sibling rivalry and fights, but they will love and adore each other too. Kali and Carson bonded instantly without any biological link at all. Think it's just the kid thing. Best of luck!

Momma said...

That's my girl, reading at 7 months! I'm not one bit surprised. Could she look any happier? I can't wait to see her back in New Jersey! Keep that paperwork flowing.

Love yas ~~

Mimi