Thursday, September 20, 2007

Snowy, Paperwork and Thank Yous............

Here is a recent picture of Kozit.


It was taken by Ryan when Kozit was on her way to the clinic. She was given a clean bill of health. Yay!!!, no more earache. One report from Ethiopia shared that Kozit likes to hang out with the big kids and has the boys feeding her. Wow, what great skills! She already has the men wrapped around her finger. Rachelle and I are impressed and are hoping she will share her magic with us.

I received this news today from a traveling family---- Maria – I was able to get an amazing video and lots of pictures of her opening her gifts from you. She was SO happy and recognized you and her sister right away and had a big smile on her face when she saw the pictures. I honestly don’t know who was happier about the bag – her or her caregiver! Her caregiver dove right in and put her new sneakers and shirt and hat and necklace on and Kozit had as much as she could possibly carry in her arms and wasn’t about to let go!! First and foremost was the snowman – it was almost as if she knew – she held onto that with all of her might. Thank you so much Heidi. I am on emotional overload thinking of little Kozit hanging out with Snowy. Snowy is the a stuffed snowman that I have shared my bed with for the last 10+ years. My sister has one, many of my friends have one and it is so sweet to think of my little girl feeling all the love that snowy brings.

Here is a picture of Tsebay saying good bye to Snowy. We'll be reunited soon.


Here is a picture of the care package we sent Kozit.

It is filled with a photo album, an outfit, socks and shoes, bubbles, jump rope, Maui calendar and stickers, a Phillies cap and any other goodies I could squeeze in there. Preparing the package was a challenge. How do you tell a two year old you love them with things?

I am so anxious to bring Kozit home and show her our love through actions. The paperwork on my end is complete. It has been sent to Kate (KBS Dossiers) and is going through the authentication process. With any luck it will be completed some time next week, will make a quick stop in DC and then it will be on it's way to Ethiopia. Although I just went through the process for Tsebay I had to do all the paperwork again. The only break I got is that my CIS fingerprints were still on file. It's been crazy trying to get it all together and I am very excited that it is complete.

The raffle tickets are still being sold. We have over 150 still available. Please contact my cousin, Kate, at katemcentee@comcast.net or my mom at lorimerma@aol.com to make a $50. donation and possibly win a trip to Maui. See the previous post for more details. I am so touched by everyone's generosity. Blogging Buddies, you all rock!! Thank you for the emotional and financial support. I hope we all get to meet face to face with our little cuties sometime soon. "Uncle" Bob, Grandmom, and the random Oregon donor, thank you so much for your super generous donations. To all my family and friends that have donated and are spreading the word, thank you, thank you, thank you. Everyone's love and support really kept me motivated during the paperchase.

Here are some cute pics of Tsebay.

Go Phils


Our washer and dryer are outside so we take walks to pick up the wash and get the mail. Here is the final product.

3 comments:

Momma said...

Love your blog and those amazing pics! She is just the cutest ever! Such an emotional day picturing Kozit with snowy (I thought he was much older than that -- we'll have to debate that one!) Check out your Gladney donation banner -- I think Pop Pop has been doing some birthday shopping for me! The greatest gift ever. Love to all my girls -- Momma Mimi

Ellie said...

That is so neat! Kozit is precious! I bet you can no wait to get her home! I had the exact same snow man when I was little and I loved it, it was so soft! I bet Kozit loves it too.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.