Saturday, February 23, 2008

Beach Babes



Aloha all and thanks for checking in and being patient. I keep getting called out for not keeping up with the blog. I'm really sorry but we're just having so much fun. Kozette's days have been filled with new experiences and she seems to be enjoying every minute. She loves the beach and doesn't go anywhere without making a new friend. The girls are doing great with each other. It is so amazing to see the bond between them grow. It is the best to watch them laugh together and this is happening more and more frequently. I think they are both realizing this is our family now and it's going to stay this way.

Along with the smiles and laughs there are a few challenges. At the top of the list is sleeping. I look forward to a full night's sleep and promise to post more once I am well rested.

5 comments:

graceling said...

Keep up the good work, Momma! They are too cute!

The Elliott Family said...

Hey, Maria!

We are coming Kuaui this summer (July). Now I am not sure you visit the folks in the summer or how simple it is to travel between islands or anything, but would love to meet you guys, if it could work out.

I am so glad the girls are bonding. That is huge! Things are getting so much better here. Coming to terms with a strong personality and stubborn will is something new to me and I guess we all have to adjust. I hope Kozette is doing well, as I know it's a little harder for her to adjust at that age.

Email me anytime you feel like beating your head on the wall! But know that it gets better..just stick to it!

Rach

P.S. They are knockouts...I hope you are prepared for the teenage years!

Drew Carey Show said...

I'm not gonna lie... it makes me cry seeing sweet Kozette all healthy and filling out. It's just profound when I think of how dramatically her life has changed... and yours too! Good luck with the sleep thing. Oh man, I know how hard it is to function on broken sleep. By the way, Drew and I (and Zoe!) are thinking about a little Hawaii getaway... and we figured we might as well make it Maui so we can pay the Quinn girls a visit while we're there =) XOXO

Crazy Thorne's said...

Maria,
Sorry it has taken me so long to touch base. We will be back to the North Shore in April unless we happen to be in Ethiopia. Maybe we could hook up then. Are you going to the blog get together in August? Your girls are absolutely gorgeous. pam@thornemail.com

Anonymous said...

Re - they are so beautiful! You get use to the no sleep thing - in fact when you find times that you are able to sleep in that internal clock kicks in and your up anyway!! Probably not what you want to hear since I know how much you love your sleep. :) So happy to hear everyone is happy and well. :) miss you! xo