Thursday, March 20, 2008

March Madness.........

Aloha Friends,

I know you are all on the edge of your seats waiting for an update on the Quinn Girls. Sorry it's taken me so long but these little darlings are keeping me busy. I am still attempting to find my balance and have a feeling I will continue to work on this. Most parents have shared that this will be a struggle for the next 18 years.

For the next two weeks I will be on Spring Break and am very grateful to have the break from work. I am loving every minute with my girls. Tsebay and Kozette are doing awesome. They are the cutest, most affectionate , smartest sisters. They fall more and more in love with each other daily and it is adorable. Being able to watch this bond develop is amazing. I am blessed to be their mommy. Tsebay is walking and talking and her pesonality is so sweet. She loves Elmo, brushing her teeth and eating. She really, really loves eating. Tsebay is easy going and is well bonded to her babysitter, Ange and her Aunt Shelly. She is starting to call me momma and it makes my heart melt. Tsebay gives lots of kisses but you only get them when she decides she's up for it. She attempts to keep up with her big sis and her language development is very impressive. The one thing she hates is getting her hair washed. Any tips in this area are greatly appreciated.

Kozette is a super intelligent. She understands everything and her vocabulary is expanding daily. Her favorites phrases are "I see" and "I'll be right back". She likes to act like she is going to work and driving a car. On the flip side she likes to act like a baby. She acts like she is learning to walk and if you didn't know better you would believe she is a baby. She is a drama queen. Kozette will respond to her name but calls herself I-ya-ya. This is a name she picked up at some point in Ethiopia and she is not letting it go. If anyone has any idea if there is any meaning to this name/word, please let me know.

We are having a blast! The pics below are from our afternoon at the beach park, a day at the beach and St. Patty's Day. The one with the computer is the girls and I catching up on our blogging. They are checking out the newest Gladney babe, Abe, being picked up by his mom and dad. We are thrilled for them.

Up until a week ago I was totally ruling out the Blog Union but after seeing how all of my other blog buddies are making it happen I'm hoping to do the same. This is a once in a lifetime and I'm going to do what I can to get there.

11 comments:

DrewCareyShow said...

I'm so glad you posted all these pictures! I love the one of the girls walking in the park hand-in-hand. The bond is evident. The other one that cracks me up is Tsebay sitting in front of Kozette, because it's clear that she's thriving! =)

We're glad that you're getting into the swing of things and enjoying the process of finding the balance. We hope you have an amazing spring break! We don't think we're going to make it out to Maui this spring after all, but it's going to happen one of these days! It's one of our favorite vaca destinations.

And hooray that you're considering the Blog Union! We so hope you can make it! We'll help you find a place to stay if you can find a way to get here. (I'm hitting up my local friends...)

Hugs and kisses to all the Quinn girls!

graceling said...

Oh my word! Your girls are so beautiful! I love the upside-down/somersault in the park pictures:)

Renee said...

Maria!
I'm so happy to hear things are going well and even more excited to hear you may make it to the blog union! YEAH!! I can't wait to see those lovely little girls together!
Renee

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you and the girls are happy. I always love your truthfullness and you willingness to get the opinion of others.

Momma said...

Happy Birthday to the BEST MOMMY IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!! (and we have seen a lot of the whole wide world for our few years) -- WE LOVE YOU ---

KOZETTE (Ei Ya Ya) and TSEBAY
XOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOX

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! What amazing pictures of those beautiful girls. I swear, they look more and more alike in every post - I'm sure you'll get the twin question soon if you haven't already! I am REALLY hoping to be at the Union - if we can go it will only be me, Sophie (and maybe Katie). My fingers and toes are crossed. Just waiting on one potential scheduling conflict. I'm bummed to have missed your mom in NYC on Thursday, but hope to meet her sometime this year!

Ryan & Abby said...

It was great getting to see your mom! Tell the girls Ab and I say hi and we miss them.
--Ryan

Susy Q said...

What gorgeous pictures!!

Susanna
Big Sis to three
http://www.bigsisdiaries.blogspot.com

Tami said...

I'm so glad to catch up on your blog. Wow, the girls are getting so big and cute! You should be at the top of Gladney's blog! Did they move you? You deserve it. Meanwhile there is slow me! LOL

Mrs. Lewis said...

Your girls are beautiful!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey good job man.