Monday, June 11, 2007

60 Hours till Addis

It's 2:04 am and I can't sleep. Of course I can't sleep I'm all screwed up with my time zones (I'm in New Jersey) and full of nervous energy about meeting my daughter. The ironic thing about not sleeping is that sleep is what people keep telling me to do. "Get all the sleep you can," they keep telling me. This has me totally paranoid about sleep deprivation. I hope it does not become a self fulfilling prophecy.

My mom and I are pretty well packed. We have two huge boxes with humanitarian aid and a suitcase each. It's so strange to pack for two and so fun to pack all the adorable outfits. We depart on Wednesday. We leave Philly for DC around noon and then have 5 hours to spend in DC before getting on the 17 hour flight (I think) to Addis. We arrive at 7pm and hopefully I will be holding Tsebay bright and early the next morning. I am so anxious to meet this adorable little creature that has already brought so much joy to so many people. I plan to post during the trip. Reading the comments may not be possible so please email me if there is anything vital you must communicate (like how perfect my daughter is).

Please, please, please pray that everything goes well during the trip. Mahalo to everyone for your support. I would have never traveled down this road if it were not for the terrific people in my life always cheering me on. It's time to try and get some z's. Good night and God bless.



2 comments:

Marianne said...

Hi Maria and Mare!
It is now Saturday morning, June 16th at 12:24 a.m. and I just signed on to see if there were any updates! You and your Mom have remained in my thoughts and prayers, and I can't wait to hear about the moment that your daughter/grandaughter is in your arms! I also cannot wait to meet Tsebay Grace Quinn in person. It won't be long now : )

rosie said...

Pictures are beyound words. Wouldn,t it be great if u could add songs to the slides. LOVE TO ALL YOU>BABY RACHELLE AND ME ME