Monday, June 4, 2007

A few steps closer to Tsebay

Yahooooo!!! Court went well and Tsebay Grace is officially my babylicious. I am so relieved and exhausted. I didn't get much sleep last night knowing the court preceedings had taken place and waiting for official word on the outcome. My mom has secured our travel dates. We depart on June 13th and arrive in Addis on June 14th. I will be holding my little one on June 15th. We will leave Ethiopia on June 21st and will arrive in Philly on June 22nd. Tsebay and I will stay on the east coast for a month before returning to Maui.

This past week has been quite crazy preparing for Tsebay's arrival. This time last week I had a crib I purchased from Craig's list that didn't have all the pieces and not one other baby item. I managed to return that crib and purchase one that is functional. I've also added a changing table to the room and had the walls painted. Thank you Lon. Accessories should be arriving from Pottery Barn any day. Thanks to my Maui Ohana and Mulvey (one of my favorite friends who is visiting Maui this week) my house is now well equipped. What a difference a week can make.

Saturday was my baby shower. I was kidnapped, put in a new dress, blindfolded and led to a beautiful park with so many special people, yummy food and lots of presents for my little bambina. Everyone was so generous. Mahalo!!!!!

6 comments:

-Samantha- said...

Wow! Congratulations. You are quite fortunate, as is your babe. Have you goten any vaccinations yet? if yes could you post what you needed to get?
Good luck on you trip,

Momma said...

Dear Re ~~

I cannot wait to touch your litte babe! You will find the joys of motherhood beyond belief! This is a happy day!

Hurry home ~~

Love ya,
Momma

Unknown said...

congratulations maria!!
i guess mothers day happened in june this year,We are very Happy for you and Tsebay Grace.Happy Mothers Day!
uncle steve

Nick Brophy & Sarah Marie Martin said...

Congratulations! you WILL LOVE Ethiopia. it was certainly a life changing trip for us (and not just because of the baby we picked up). :)www.martinbrophy.blogspot.com

The Elliott Family said...

I am so happy for you...I wish that I was going, too, but I will get there somehow. Have a fantastic time, enjoy every second!

If you see my little girl, give her a squeeze for me, ok?

Thanks!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Good post.