Friday, June 8, 2007

Word from Ethiopia


I received an update today from Ethiopia. Thank you so much Becky for checking in on my little girl and updating my mom and I. It sets my mind at ease to know Tsebay is doing well. She looks so happy and healthy in her pics. I have also been told by quite a few people about the awesome care these children receive at the care center. Thanks to Ryan and Abby and all the care workers in Ethiopia our little ones are loved on the other side of the world while we jump through hoops to bring them home. This time next week will be the real deal. I will have my little angel in my arms.

Tomorrow I leave for New Jersey where I will stay and regroup before taking off on Wednesday for Ethiopia. Today is my last full day on Maui to get things done and it promises to be a long one. I hope to get the final touches on the room, need to pack and gather all the documents for travel, and need to wrap things up at work. Many Mahalos to all my colleagues at KCS and families in the K-8 program for your ongoing support. I will be returning with a new little bambina for the KCS Ohana. My motivation to make KCS the best will become personal. Tsebay will need to go to a great school.

WOW! I can't believe it's almost here.
Tsebay is waiting for her momma and her momma can't wait to meet her.
What a special day that will be!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Maria, she is beautiful.
Have a great trip!

The Elliott Family said...

Oh, Maria...she is soooo beautiful!

Have a fantastic trip and enjoy every second! You are so close! Doesn't the sound of Mama sound so good?!


Rachel

Carrie's Stuff said...

Maria,

Mine and Herbie's thoughts will be with you, your mom and Tsebay as you travel to and from Ethiopia. Much love and safe travels.

Carrie

Patrice said...

I am so excited for you and I can not wait to meet Tsebay. You are going to be an amazing mother. I know this because you are an amazing friend, teacher, and person. I wish you all the luck in the world!