Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Kozette and Maria -- Together Forever!

Well, my girls have been joined together. I am over the top with joy ~
Mimi
Maria Writes: What a day!
It was love at first sight. We met Kozette at her care center this morning and she dove into my arms. I could hear her in the next room giggling before they brought her to us. She is everything we've dreamed and more. She has so much personality. She is so social and loves everyone but made sure to check in with me and get her cuddle on. Kozette is a total love bug. Her smiles light up the room and she is smiling most of the time.

Here are a few highlights of our Gotcha Day:
I tried to feed Kozette apple sauce but she didn't like it too much. She took the spoon out of my hand and started feeding me.

She said mama several times. She knows who I am and definitely knows who she is.

As we were walking to the Embassy she was waving to everyone. She gets quite a reaction. She and Tsebay will be the social butterflies and talk of the town.

She is potty trained. We did not have one accident all day. I put her to sleep with a diaper. We'll see how it goes.

She will give Pop Pop a run for his money. She has some fiesty behaviors (Pop Pop loves the fiesty ones!) from the orphanage. She spits, pinches and hits. The good news is she is easily redirected and eager to please.

Kozette is now sleeping. She took a mini nap this afternoon and fell asleep around
7 this evening. Pray she sleeps through the night.

She had a piece of Philly pretzel this afternoon and loved it.

Cristin is an awesome help and is totally in love with Kozette. She sounds like Rachelle when she says Kozette is the cutest and totally means it. She also says she would love to adopt but wants Kozette.

My bags are still MIA. I'm hoping they will arrive on tomorrow's evening flight. Attached are some pics. See em and weep.

Shelley, I hope the last day of your project went well. I look forward to taking pics of my two little ladies in front of the art.

Miche, thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Thank you to everyone for checking in on us -- we feel the vibes!

xoxoxoxoxo
Maria and Kozette

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

SO WONDERFUL! We are so happy for you and your family! Wishing you the best of joys and a smooth trip home again!