Sunday, January 6, 2008

Where's Zeet?

This is the question we ask Tsebay 10-15 times a day. She responds by pointing to her sister's pictures, talking baby talk and kissing the pics. From time to time throughout the day she says Zeet, Zeet, Zeet. Tsebay is definitely picking up on the energy of the house and I'm sure knows something big is going down. I'm off to Ethiopia tomorrow and Tsebay will stay with Mimi and Pop pop in New Jersey. She is in wonderful care and I'm sure will do better than I will with the time apart. It will be difficult to not wake up with her and have her cute antics, bright smile and giggles brighten my day. I told her today I am going to Ethiopia and will be back with the best souvenir ever.

I am so thrilled that the time is finally here to pick up my darling Kozette. The wait has been tough and I can't believe I will be holding this sweet little girl, my baby's sister and my daughter in a few days. Packing has been fun keeping her in mind. Knowing that soon she will be wearing the cute little clothes and shoes and playing with the toys has made it a joy (for the most part). Hopefully the bags go through as is tomorrow. I know they're a bit over weight.

Once again, thank you to everyone for your awesome support. I am so blessed to be a part of so many wonderful communities. I would not be walking down this path if there were not so many of you walking with me. Thanks for all the comments, phone calls, emails and words of encouragement as well as the financial assistance to make this adoption possible. Ask and you shall receive.

I will make every effort to post from Ethiopia. My mom will be trying to update as well. I gave her a quick blog tutorial yesterday. Let's see how she does.

As of tomorrow I'm outta here. Prayer is greatly appreciated.

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Have a safe and wonderful reunion with your baby girl:-) I can't wait to see pictures of all of you together!! I will be watching for posts so don't leave us hanging!

veggiemom said...

Have a great trip! I can't wait to read all about it.
Kerri and Ruby

Amy B. said...

Have a wonderful trip, Maria. It will be so great to see Kozette in your arms at last. I know you will be so excited to have both girls in one place...home with you!!! Be safe tomorrow. Give our little Nathan Mussie a big hug for us and tell him that we are trying to get to him as soon as we can :)Amy

Samantha said...

Have a fantastic trip.

Drew Carey Show said...

All you girls in our prayers! You and Kozette in Ethiopia and Tsebay at home with Mimi and Pop pop. We'll pray for favor with the gate agents too when you're checking in your luggage =). Wow, two trips to ET in one year. Unbelievable. We can't wait to read all about your trip and see you with your oldest daugher at last. What an extraordinary journey you're on. Life is good. Much love to you all! Carey & Drew

The Journey said...

Have a fantastic trip, can't wait to read all about it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I'm SO excited to see you holding that adorable little girl, and even more excited to see the three of you together. From my experience with your mom, I think she'll be an expert blogger, so email away!! Best wishes for a fantastic trip. xoxo