Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Safe Arrival -- In spite of ---


Maria and Cristin arrived safe and on time in Addis Ababa earlier today!

Maria's trip started out in the stressful+ category. Her initial flight from Philadelphia to Dulles was postponed by about 4 hours. From the time she arrived at the airport, reports of her flight being delayed began. The time changed about once an hour and it eventually seemed that she very well may not be making her connection in Dulles. She quickly learned that the next flight was not for two days and that her Embassy appointment scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday) would not be rescheduled until the following Wednesday. With her dear friend Cristin already in Washington (she is from Texas) there were decisions to be made as to whether Cristin should continue on or wait in Washington for Maria.

After many phone calls and prayers Maria finally arrived in Dulles with minutes to spare. Maria was told (I think through Cristin) that they were holding the flight for her...I'm not sure if they actually did, either way it was a close call.

Unfortunately, Maria's luggage did not arrive with her. She wrote that she would be going on her first mother and daughter shopping spree with Kozette tomorrow -- as neither of them have any clothes. Hopefully they will arrive Thursday night -- so sad since she put so much into the packing, particularly Kozette's sweet new wardrobe. But all things considered -- this is small potatoes (easy for me to say!)

I am so looking forward to seeing (hopefully the pictures will transfer) and hearing about Maria's receiving of our little Kozette.

Tsebay is doing quite well -- she is beyond perfect! She is so much fun -- a lively, playful, smart, beautiful Grandaughter! I could go on and on about her antics, but I will spare you. In the picture above, she is waving hello to her sister's picture on the frig during her lunch today.

Until tomorrow ~~ Be well!

Mary Ann (Mimi)

7 comments:

Amy B. said...

Well...at last they are holding each other tight tonight...luggage or no luggage. I know that must have been so stressful. I am so glad that they made it to Addis. The picture is precious by the way!

Amy

Jocelyn said...

Yay!! I am so glad they made it there safely. I can't wait to see pictures!

Shelia Earl Photography said...

Mary Ann,
I am Amy Breedlove's mother. Just wanted to leave you a note of congratulations that mother and daughter are together at last!

Since I am a grandmother, too, I really enjoyed reading your posting. We are looking forward to being with our granddaughters while the rest of the family go to get Nathan. What an adorable picture of Tsebay waving to her sister and what special memories the 2 of you will make together. Shelia (Skopje, Macedonia)

Samantha said...

Thanks for the update. We are all happy for them and can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I over polite post. Particularly the title attracted me to be familiar with the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I contemplate the post should prepare more info then it has.