Friday, January 18, 2008

Kozette's First Day in the USA!

What a Day! ~ ACTION NEWS AND ALL.
All is well with the Quinn girls! Everyone is very tired (especially Mimi - well maybe especially Mommy who made the trip). I'll leave the details for Maria to post but I wanted to share the local news coverage of the girls' reunion! (link below -- you may recoginze some Ethipian pics that I stole, I mean borrowed from the Daileader's -- Thanks Heidi!)

I received a call at about 11am that the local ABC affiliate wanted to cover the story. Maria was due home at about 3:30pm. The well thought out plan was for a very low key environment for the arrival.

The best laid plans -- a house full of friends and family and a news van! In hindsight we decided since Kozette is used to living with about 300 kiddies, she would have been very bored with a small family welcome! She flourished with the crowd.

Kozette is pretty much joined at the hip to Maria -- but she is branching out a little more as time goes on. She is loving and sweet and witty - just like her sister. She practically sleeps on top of Maria, so my poor daughter is dreaming of the day she will get a full night's sleep. The girls are loving on each other. They are both great sleepers, so that's sure helping a lot with the transition for everyone.

There is stilling unpacking and repacking to do before they head to Maui next Wednesday. The problem is when the girls are up -- all we want to do is play. They are both great fun!

Tsebay will be one year old on Monday January 21st. We've planned a terrific birthday celebration at the Children's Discovery Museum where 20 of their little cousins and friends will help celebrate this joyous occasion.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=5896522

8 comments:

graceling said...

This is sooooo cool!

veggiemom said...

Neato!!! They did a great piece!
Kerri and Ruby

Rebecca said...

I love the story! It's so fun to see Tsebay and Kozette in action! The family is beautiful!

Jocelyn said...

What a great video!! I love seeing you in real life with both girls:-)

Amy B. said...

That is really neat! I hope you are all doing well :)

Amy

Mamato2 said...

I wish the video would work for me! I'd love to see them in action!

-Samantha- said...

That was just so much fun to watch!

Drew Carey Show said...

I love the visual of being welcomed home by a news van! What a fun piece, and it was so great seeing you adorable Quinn girls in action! I hope you're catching up on your sleep and that the girls are adjusting nicely. Poor Mimi is going to go through some serious withdrawl when you girls head back to Maui. Mimi, I'll be thinking about you -- you're going to need to start your own blog!