Friday, January 11, 2008

A Special Little Boy

Maria asked me to write about a special little baby she encountered during her orphanage visit today.
Maria writes: Please post about a special little boy I met today. He has Down's Syndrome but didn't seem to have any other issues. He had great finger grasp and eye contact. He seemed to have good muscle tone. I asked Belay if he will be referred and he said most likely not unless a family asks for a child with special needs. He will most likely be put in a home here in Ethiopia for children with disabilities.

This little baby boy needs a family. He is such a cutie.

Please ask for prayers so this little boy will find a home. Children with Down's Syndrome can lead very long, healthy and happy lives. There are many special resouces for these special children in the US.

Anyone wishing more information about this special litte boy can email Maria directly at:
mquinn_kiheihs@yahoo.com

Thank you!

2 comments:

Gail Weaver said...

Shame on me, Maria! I haven't been checking the blog because - silly me - I assumed there would be no posts while you are abroad! Mimi: you're doing a great job :-)

The pictures of you and Kozette made my eyes well up - I am so overjoyed for you and your family!

Lots of love from Dan and I, and we look forward to welcoming you and your daughters back to Maui.

Robin said...

Maria:

Can you email me....I sent you an email, but it must have ended up in your spamfile. Do you have any pictures of this little boy?

Robin in NC
www.evangelinegrace.blogspot.com