Monday, January 14, 2008

You Gotta Pick Your Battles ~



The Bathing Suit Went on Backwards ~ And that's the way Kozette wanted it!

Hello All ~

Things are running smooth here in New Jersey. I'm finally beginning to get into somewhat of a routine with my new responsibility and wouldn't you know it's about to come to an end! My time with Tsebay has been priceless and I will never forget what a special litte baby she is. We're planning her First Birthday Party for this Sunday (her BD is Monday the 21st). I started singing Happy Birthday to her and when I get to the part where you say "To Tsebay" she gets all smiley and excited. And when it's over we ask "How old are you?" And our little genius puts up one finger! Yes she does! So she's all ready for the celebration. How over-the-top special that she will have her big sister there to share in the joy! Thank you Mommy for such an amazing birthday present. XO

I certainly have been honored to be a part of this Ethiopian Adoption blogging community. It's been a real pleasure to be a blogger and not just a blogee! Thanks again for checking in!

Mary Ann (Mimi)

Maria Writes:

I am so ready to be back in NJ to kiss and love on Tsebay.

We are all doing great here. We're feeling good. I took Kozette to the doc yesterday and her ear is most likely a fungal infection. We can get it treated when we get there this week. She will need antibiotics. She is not in any major pain. Perhaps just a bit irritated and annoyed because it is draining. The airplane should not be too much of a problem with her ear. She somethime spits out the Tylenol so we'll see how that goes. Please pray for a smooth ride. Sometimes her crying fits last 30 min +++. This could be a problem for the other passengers on the plane.

Kozette continues to give me a run for my money but let Anna know I am not backing down. I am the boss and through some crafty negotiating usually can get her to do what needs to get done.

We did some souvenier shopping yesterday and I did a lot better than last time. I hope to pick up a few more things today. Everything is so inexpensive and I would like to give many of the things to the girls for years to come.

The plan is to head to the Gladney baby house today. I hope to get lots of pics of all the babies for families with referrals and those that will get them in the future. We were there on the first day but I only made it to one of the houses. I was able to love on the Breedlove's Nathan. I will send pics when I return.

Kozette is starting to warm up more and more to Cristen. This will help on the plane. Cristin has been super awesome. She has given us our space to bond and is helping by just being there. Kozette is a crack up. She keeps Cristin and I entertained. Last night she was holding my beer up to my lips and making a drinking noise. She loves to feed others and is pretty insistent you eat. I've had my fair share of Ethiopian food.

Cristin gets tears in her eyes when we talk about the trip coming to an end. She is really going to miss Kozette and is such a special part of our story.

Kozette loves to say Shelly and says it over and over. It's like she knows who her ally and best bud will be. (Hope you're ready for us Auntie!)

I feel bad putting Kozette through so many transitions but she needs to meet her East Coast family and I defintely need the break before heading back to Maui.

Things are going great. It's a challenge but pretty text book. She is exhibiting the behaviors I anticipated. She says mommy all day everyday and even said it in her sleep this morning.

It won't be long now before we get to see Tsebay and Kozette together!

Maria

5 comments:

Drew Carey Show said...

Okay, that picture is TOO cute for words! She is such a ham! I love your little stories about her. And Mimi is doing such an amazing job with little one year old Tsebay! Wow. One already??? You Quinn girls are too much fun!

The Page Family said...

Bendryl and bribe candy for the plane ride home ... worked for us! Have a great trip!!!

The Elliott Family said...

Maria,

Keep remembering who is the boss...these big girls tend to forget it and like to use their home advantage (hotel in Ethiopia with thin walls and lots of people watching your every move!). I had to retrain Piper's thinking(come to think of it, we are still working on that) once we got home. Our crying spells are much shorter now, but unfortunately are still just as loud!

Good luck on your ride home! And like Becky Page said, nothin' wrong with a little bribery!

graceling said...

That bathing suit is pretty fabulous!

Praying for the ride home:) Can't wait for pictures of the sisters together!

graceling said...

That bathing suit is pretty fabulous!

Praying for the ride home:) Can't wait for pictures of the sisters together!